|Job reference nr.:||CC-085210|
|Type of work:||Temporary|
|Start date:||March 1, 2019|
|Job location:||United States|
We are currently looking for a HSE supervisor for a OBN survey in the Gulf of Mexico.
The fleet will comprise one node-handling vessel as well as one source vessel. The mobilization of the fleet is anticipated by 1st April 2019 (tentative).
The shift duration will be therefore approx. 37 days for each shift including the duration of the travels (35 days assignment and 2 travel days). The overall period of service to cover is approx. 166 days and we anticipate 5 shifts during the survey.
1. Contributes to enhancing the leadership, behaviours, and risk culture through the designated channels by:
- Identifying opportunities for improvement following the observation and monitoring of the :
o Work organisation, job planning, shore support,
o Line management engagement with individuals and teams,
o Communication ‘bottom-up’ and ‘top-bottom’.
- Interacting at ‘worker’ to ‘worker’ level and at ‘teams’ level in all areas to understand ‘how and what’ they do to fulfil their job function, with an appreciation for the problems that they encounter,
- Encouraging the use of Observations & Interventions techniques to commend and improve behaviours,
- Encouraging their reporting as well as (safe & unsafe) conditions and near-misses,
- Proposing improvements so that line managers and individuals are more aware of, and are better able to fulfil their responsibilities including their safety obligations, activities,
- Assisting them as appropriate/possible on good practices and improvement opportunities,
- Verifying the implementation of the agreed solutions/way forward.
2. As a result of continuous monitoring of the operational activities and HSE issues, ensures compliance with the contractual requirements by:
- Ensuring project deliverables remain fit-for-purpose and implemented yc. the regular review of the Project HSE risk assessment,
- Ensuring the effectiveness of the Contractor’s HSE-MS, including but not limited to:
o HSE processes and procedures e.g. PTW, Isolations, Subcontractors management, MoC,
o Pre-job planning and toolbox talks based on work instructions (WI), associated risk assessments (RA),
o Quality of RA/WI,
o Planned HSE activities e.g. inspections, cross-inspections, drills, training,
- Participating as much as possible to the above tasks and providing positive feed-back,
- Engaging with the line management about improvement opportunities in terms of systems or implementation,
- Reviewing the Contractor’s proactive (leading) and reactive (lagging) reporting and monitoring the performances of each element of the Field Unit on a regular basis,
- Coaching in the investigation and reporting of incidents/accidents as appropriate/possible,
- Reviewing the Contractor’s incidents/accidents reports in due time, prior to COMPANY Supervisor approval,
- Making sure the latest approved Contractor’s incidents/accidents reports is inputted into Synergi by affiliate and the status of closed actions is fed-back to affiliate for Synergi’s update,
- Ensuring HSE trends are identified and lessons learnt shared,
- Verifying the effective closure of actions (e.g. observations, audits, incidents) by order of priority.
3. Follows on project’s and past HSE audits, either internal (yc. any prequalification) or external by:
- Participating as possible to any on-going Client HSE audit,
- Reviewing all findings and confirming adequate closure within the Contractor’s systems,
- Providing a regular status to the project management and a final one at end of project,
- Identifying constraints for not achieving compliance.
Experience: at least 5 years experience in supervising Health, Safety, Security, Societal and Environment aspects in the O&G industry, ideally with experience in geophysical operations.
- IOGP & IAGC guidelines, COMPANY additional requirements and their implementation on operations.
- Basic geophysical knowledge,
- Ideally the different operating techniques and environmental challenges,
- English, oral and written mandatory.
- BOSIET/FOET (Opito Approved)
- OGUK Medical or equivalent
Should you be interested in the position of HSE Supervisor, please send your application via the apply button. For more information, please contact Charlotte Collins, Personnel Coordinator - Management & QC in Bristol, United Kingdom stating reference number CC-085210