HV Cable Engineer (Electrical)
|Job reference nr.:||RK-083144|
|Discipline Category:||Offshore Wind|
|Type of work:||Contract|
|Start date:||January 1, 2019|
|Job duration:||> 1 year|
We currently have a new and exciting position for an experience HV Cable Engineer who has excellent practical knowledge of Cable Manufacturing / Design.
The primary responsibility of the HV Cable Engineer role is to support the Cable Package Manager to:
- Ensure corporate HSE policies are adhered to in all matters.
- To progress the overall concept and design of the array cable system to a level where it can be used as the basis for tendering the array cable system and provide technical and program certainty to support the Final Investment Decision (FID).
- To provide electrical engineering assistance to support the Cable Package Manager to accomplish business, project and team objectives.
- To ensure that all cables are designed, manufactured, tested, jointed, terminated and tested after installation according to the inter-array cable contract.
- To support the Electrical Manager to design and manage technical interfaces between the cables package and other packages in the project.
- Deputation of project management duties as delegated by the Array Cable Package Manager, this may include health and safety management, budgeting, planning, procurement and reporting.
- Honours degree qualified in an electrical engineering discipline and/or significant industry experience.
- Must have excellent knowledge of Cable Manufacturing and Design.
- Cable system engineering experience, preferably in the offshore wind sector.
- Solid grasp of engineering and work control of large-scale project delivery.
- PC knowledge of Microsoft applications.
- Self-motivated, with personal organisation and planning skills.
- English speaking.
Should you be interested in the position of HV Cable Engineer, please send your application via the apply button. For more information, please contact Rosie Kells, Personnel Coordinator in Bristol, United Kingdom stating reference number RK-083144