|Job reference nr.:||RA-087595|
|Discipline Category:||Offshore Wind|
|Type of work:||Permanent|
|Start date:||April 17, 2019|
|Job location:||United Kingdom|
Looking for a permanent job as HV Technicians in United Kingdom? Atlas Professionals in Bristol, United Kingdom is always looking for new Offshore Wind professionals. At the moment we have a vacancy for the position of HV Technicians.
Location : Newcastle
Type : Permanent
The Service Group is responsible for project service support, supporting equipment and tooling, rental support, spares and field technical support.
The HV Technician is expected to support the client's Products and Services globally onshore and offshore as per the call-off and mobilisation plan.
- Mandatory to comply with the Safety Behavioural system Think Safety.
- To comply with and carry out method statements and quality procedures for each specific offshore wind project. Notifying the Service Support Engineer and the customer in the event of any deviation from the procedure.
- Carry out termination of electrical HV connectors, HV cable joints, and electrical junction boxes on offshore subsea power cables
- To be able to carry out HV testing to include IR, CR, TDR and VLF testing.
- Ensure the safe use of all tooling, equipment and consumables taking particular attention to MSDS detail.
- Ensure that all work is carried out in an efficient and timely manner. Maintain a professional bearing at all times and actively promote products and services to customers whenever possible.
- Assist in the training of other employees and be prepared to personally undergo any training as required for the role.
- Ensure that all paperwork regarding each job is completed in a timely manner so that invoicing can be completed. This requires site reports, expenses, test sheets, etc.
- Ensure that contact with Service Support Engineer is maintained whilst offsite, ensure that project managers are also kept informed of progress on a regular basis.
- Comply with the company’s health and safety policy. Comply with the local policies of customers, which apply to each site visited. Ensure that all work completed is carried out with safety as a priority.
- Support the Company initiatives to gain and retain ISO 9001 & 14001 and OHSAS 18001 accreditations. Staff are required to be aware of the Standards and ensure they operate to them.
- Must display the flexibility to work within the offshore wind industry.
- Must be capable of achieving and retaining all relevant offshore certification to be able to carry out the role fully (includes offshore training certification and full medical certification).
- In addition to these duties employees are required to carry out such other duties as may be reasonably expected.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
Hold a Technical Qualification in an Electrical discipline or have a minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a technical electrical role.
33kV jointing certified minimum
Two years minimum offshore wind experience.
Knowledge and experience of offshore Subsea Power Cables.
Hands on experience of carrying out HV termination and HV testing in an offshore wind farm environment.
Offshore certified – including medical
Full GWO certification
Confined spaces trained
Should you be interested in the position of HV Technicians, please send your application via the apply button. For more information, please contact Reza Amin, Account Manager in Bristol, United Kingdom stating reference number RA-087595