HVACR Engineer (Volunteer work)
|Job reference nr.:||EV-115773|
|Job category:||Offshore Marine|
|Type of work:||Temporary|
|Start date:||December 1, 2021|
We are looking for professionals to work as HVACR Engineer (Volunteer work) with one of the clients of the office in Urk, Netherlands. It’s a volunteer position for minimum of 3 months. Do you have the necessary experience?
At Mercy Ships we believe that by utilizing our fleet of hospital ships we can change lives and influence healthcare systems across Africa. Your HVAC skills can contribute to make surgery possible for countless people.
The HVAC Refrigeration Engineer assists in the maintenance of all refrigeration and air conditioning equipment onboard. Our on board refrigerated food stores need monitoring, and our air conditioning systems regular cleaning and maintenance, and troubleshooting when not working as they should
- Maintain ship’s main refrigeration plant and all other refrigeration machinery onboard (including condenser and strainer cleaning)
- Maintain main air conditioning chiller units and hospital air conditioning plant
- Ensure adequate supply of refrigerant gas, refrigerant lubricating oil, and spare parts onboard
- Maintain air handlers, including the cleaning of air handlers filters in the vent stations
- Maintain chilled water, condenser circulation, and sea water air conditioning pumps
- Stand watch in the machinery spaces if required
- Appropriate training and experience in refrigeration and air conditioning systems preferred
- Certificate of Competency in accordance with STCW A-III/1 is preferred but not essential
- Has successfully completed Basic Safety Training in accordance with STCW A-VI/1-1 to 1-4 (training may be provided)
- Has successfully completed Crowd Management Training in accordance with STCW A-V/2-1 (training may be provided)
- Ability to effectively understand and communicate in clear English
Would you like to:
- Put your faith into action by using your maritime technical skills to keep hospital ships safe and operational?
- Join an international community of thousands of volunteers using their talents to make a difference in Africa?
- Give back by joining a mission that provides life changing free surgery and medical capacity building in some of the poorest countries?
Should you be interested in this position, please send your application via the apply button. For more information please contact the below mentioned vacancy contact stating the Job Reference Number mentioned above.