|Job reference nr.:||RA-095833|
|Discipline Category:||Seismic & Electromagnetic|
|Type of work:||Permanent|
|Start date:||August 30, 2019|
|Job location:||United Kingdom|
Are you looking for the next frontier in Seismic & Electromagnetic? We are recruiting for the position of Hydrographic Surveyor right now. Upload your CV for the recruiters in Bristol, United Kingdom to review.
Full time, Permanent
Working as part of a specialist professional team you will be responsible for the installation, calibration and operation of navigation (satellite and acoustics) and multibeam systems on a variety of projects. You will utilise QPS QINSy acquisition software and products from leading manufacturers and software developers including IXBlue, Sonardyne, Applanix, C-Nav, Hemisphere, Leica, Teledyne, Kongsberg, EIVA and ESRI aboard a range of inshore and offshore survey vessels to collect, process and report high quality Bathymetry, LiDAR and positioning datasets to a range of clients who operate in the marine environment.
As a surveyor your responsibilities also encompass working with the projects’ leadership to maximise the efficiency of the project and execute the survey to ensure that the clients’ scope of work is completed to highest possible standard.
Mixed Contract Summary:
Splitting your time between offshore and office roles you will be based at our head office where you will be expected to supplement the dedicated processing teams, support current offshore operations and assist in the planning of future operations working alongside the commercial and management teams. You will also be involved with inhouse improvement and development initiatives. For this role the Site / Office Split will be 50/50.
Key benefits: Pension and private health care, professional accreditation subscription, flexible office working.
Site Contract Summary
The majority of your time will be spent offshore executing survey acquisition. You will also be expected to attend vessels off contract to perform survey equipment setup installations and implement improvement and development trials. A portion of your time will also be spent working at our head office or remotely to support future operations planning and improvement and development initiatives. For this role the Site / Office Split will be 85/15
Key benefits: Pension and private health care, professional accreditation subscription, no relocation requirement if residing in the EU.
• As a minimum, candidates should have a university degree in either a survey/marine related discipline. Physics, mathematics or geosciences related degrees will also be considered.
• Where candidates do not possess a relevant university degree relevant vocational experience will be considered such as engineering and hydrographic survey roles within the Armed Forces.
• A minimum of 1-2 years relevant industry experience is required which should include installation, setup and calibration of hydrographic survey equipment, online acquisition, continual data quality assessment and offline processing of hydrographic data.
• A working knowledge of common UK and EU coordinate systems, transformations and vertical datums is highly desirable.
• Good English language skills are required; and excellent computer literacy and a valid UK driving license is advantageous.
• Aptitude toward writing technical and scientific reports and presenting data is also highly desirable.
• Experience in QINSy and QIMERA or equivalent acquisition and processing packages, CAD/GIS, script programming and electrical engineering are all desirable.
• Previous experience of executing and planning operations safely is highly desirable; prior experience operating and on workboats is also desirable.
• Vessel based fieldwork can vary from a few days to several weeks depending on the project, therefore an ability to spend periods of time on site and away from home is essential.
• Our wide operational remit will require you to be adaptable and innovative in your approach to problem solving using a range of current and emerging technologies.
• Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK/EU, reside within the EU, have access to a UK bank account and be able to provide a UK National Insurance No.
Should you be interested in the position of Hydrographic Surveyor, please send your application via the apply button. For more information, please contact Reza Amin, Account Manager in Bristol, United Kingdom stating reference number RA-095833