|Job reference nr.:||RA-087215|
|Discipline Category:||Platforms & Jack Ups|
|Type of work:||Permanent|
|Start date:||March 28, 2019|
|Job location:||United Arab Emirates|
Atlas Professionals is specialised in Platforms & Jack Ups. At the moment we have an opening for the permanent position of Jacking Superintendent to work in United Arab Emirates. Interested in this permanent position? Let us know.
Location: Abu Dhabi
Type of Position: Full Time Permanent
My client is looking to recruit a second Jacking Superintendent because my client has a higher fleet utilisation with a wider geographic spread and so, wish to supplement the jacking function.
The jacking systems that my client operates are NOV on our K-Class and Gusto on our S & E Class barges.
The role is based in the Abu Dhabi office but requires the person to travel offshore to barges in the ME and North West Europe.
The Jacking Superintendent shall be responsible, but not limited to the following:
- Provides assurance on the safety and operational performance of the jacking systems on company assets.
- Conduct regular inspections of jacking systems & sub-components.
- Verify and inspect system certification and documentation.
- Monitor planned maintenance activities of the jacking systems and associated equipment.
- Attend vessels at short notice to troubleshoot any issues that occur within the jacking system or associated equipment.
- Recommend process improvement.
- Prepare annual budgets for jacking systems and equipment.
- On site management of system upgrades & repairs during dockings or repair periods.
- Monitor and advise on stock management for fleet / vessel spares related to the jacking systems.
- Support offshore crews in maintaining jacking systems in full working order and operational readiness at all times.
- Assist with incident investigations as required by the HSE Department.
- Train & Assess jacking operators offshore.
- Assist in providing onshore in-house training as required.
- Conduct annual review planned maintenance routines within PMS to ensure validity and accuracy.
- Troubleshooting, diagnostics & analysis of jacking systems.
- Thorough understanding of electric rack & pinion systems, including shock pads, wear guides, jacking frames, gearboxes, climbing pinions, racks, greasing systems.
- Understanding of lubrication systems for both enclosed gearing and climbing pinions.
- Thorough understanding of jacking controls systems, able to interpret system warning & alarms and advise/rectify accordingly.
- Able to test and calibrate shock pad load cells.
- Understanding of PLMS.
- Inspect and report condition of entire jacking system, evaluate degradation of the system & individual components, report and make recommendations for repairs as necessary.
- Excellent report writing skills is essential.
- Understanding of geotechnical conditions on which a barge jacks.
- Knowledge of electrical control systems (Siemens S7).
- Thorough understanding of planned maintenance systems
- Qualification: Diploma in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Must have experience in an offshore environment onboard jack up units
- Thorough understanding of PTW & SSW
- Demonstrate company polocies and procedures through leading by example
- Multi vessel system management of jacking systems & associated equipment.
- Both Fixed and Floating Electric Rack & Pinion Systems.
- Candidate must have worked on Gusto or NOV jacking systems previously.
- Experience with classification societies in respect of design / inspection requirements of jacking systems and sub-components.
- Knowledge of latest industry standards for jacking systems (ISO, SNAME).
- Worked offshore in a jacking system service/repair capacity.
- OEM Experience Preferred.
- Vendor liaison & management of jacking related equipment.
In addition to a competitive salary the following benefits are provided:
- Annual Bonus scheme
- Long Term Share Incentive Plan
- Accommodation and utilities allowance
- Transport allowance
- Flight allowance for self
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
Should you be interested in the position of Jacking Superintendent, please send your application via the apply button. For more information, please contact Reza Amin, Account Manager in Bristol, United Kingdom stating reference number RA-087215