Jr. Production Engineer
|Job reference nr.:||KT-126233|
|Job category:||Drilling & Well Services, Engineering & Project Controls, Operations & Maintenance|
|Start date:||February 1, 2022|
We are looking for a fulltime (32-40 hours) Junior Production Engineer for one of our clients in Friesland.
Our client is a big onshore natural gas producer in the Netherlands.
As Junior Production Engineer you will report directly to the Asset Manager. You will assist the engineering team in efficient production and exploitation of assets in the Netherlands. The primary focus of this role will be monitor and optimize production systems while maintaining compliance in areas associated with production allocation, metering and well integrity.
Your responsibilities and tasks:
Production Operations and Monitoring
- Monitor daily gas or fluid production and pressure from individual wells and identify well problems as they develop.
- Take appropriate fluid or gas samples and ensure analysis is captured into a database.
- Provide support for projects where required such as well start up activities.
- Provide support to well intervention operations to build competency and offer suggestions for improvement in execution, safety and cost efficiency.
- Ensure compliance of our clients well stock in accordance with the Well Integrity Management System.
- Monitor well integrity status and report changes or failures.
- Track periodic testing to ensure maintenance is completed on time.
- Reviewing results for quality and accuracy, report results.
- In the event of equipment failure or anomalies, diagnose, initiate and perform risk assessments of wells.
- Initiate improvements to the system.
Production Allocation and Accounting
- Ensure that adjustments made to the production allocation system due to new well additions or changing conditions is done accurately and maintains overall precision of the allocation system.
- Perform monthly reports for sales and act as a back-up for absence of the production administrator for daily allocation of production and monthly reconciliation.
- Maintain compliance of fiscal metering system in accordance with the metering manuals.
- Perform recalculations in case of metering failures.
- Act as an external contact person for meter related issues.
- Supervise field calibrations of the fiscal metering system.
- Solve outstanding metering issues.
- Assist in subsidence and seismicity measurements of contractors and appropriately assist the reservoir engineers.
What do you need to have?
- You have 2-4 years of previous industry experience
- You have a Bachelor’s degree (HBO) with relevant experience
- You have strong communication skills in both spoken and written English and Dutch is a necessity.
- You’re able to demonstrate an understanding of the oil and gas industry.
- You have strong interpersonal, communication, and critical analysis skills.
- You are a strong team player with the ability to build relationships and work constructively with others to achieve
- business goals.
- You have a VCA-VOL and ATEX certification
- Further: you are safety and Detail Oriented, you’re an open and honest team player, you have are positive and have an engaging personality. You’re flexible, influential and assertive when required and able to prioritize competing activities
Should you be interested in this position, please send your application via the apply button. For more information please contact the below mentioned vacancy contact stating the Job Reference Number mentioned above.