Lead QC Supervisor
|Job reference nr.:||CC-085209|
|Discipline Category:||Offshore Management & QC|
|Type of work:||Temporary|
|Start date:||March 31, 2019|
|Job location:||United States|
We are currently looking for a Lead QC Supervisor for a OBN survey in the Gulf of Mexico.
The fleet will comprise one node-handling vessel as well as one source vessel. The mobilization of the fleet is anticipated by 1st April 2019 (tentative).
The shift duration will be therefore approx. 37 days for each shift including the duration of the travels (35 days assignment and 2 travel days). The overall period of service to cover is approx. 166 days and we anticipate 5 shifts during the survey.
1. Contributes to enhancing the leadership, behaviours, and risk culture through the designated channels by:
- Identifying opportunities for improvement following the observation and monitoring of the :
o Work organisation, job planning, shore support
o Line management engagement with individuals and teams
o Communication ‘bottom-up’ and ‘top-bottom’
- Interacting at ‘worker’ to ‘worker’ level and at ‘teams’ level in all areas to understand ‘how and what’ they do to fulfil their job function, with an appreciation for the problems that they encounter
- Encouraging the use of Observations & Interventions techniques to commend and improve behaviours
- Encouraging their reporting as well as (safe & unsafe) conditions and near-misses
- Verifying the implementation of the agreed solutions/way forward
2. Follows the implementation of all Geophysical Contract operational and technical specifications by:
- Monitoring day to day Survey operations performed by the Geophysical Contractor and performance of the geophysical equipment
- Controlling Data Acquisition Quality as per Geophysical Contract technical specifications
- Validating Daily Survey Production
- Engaging with the line management in any possible improvement
- Coaching in the investigation and reporting of incidents/accidents as appropriate/possible
- Reviewing the Geophysical Contractor’s incidents/accidents reports in due time, Reviewing the Geophysical Contractor’s proactive and reactive reporting and monitoring the performances of each element of the Field Unit on a regular basis
- Ensuring HSE trends are identified and lessons learnt shared
- Verifying the effective closure of actions (e.g. observations, audits, incidents) by order of priority
1. Follows on Mobilisation audits by:
- Participating to any on-going Client audit,
- Reviewing all findings and confirming adequate closure within the Geophysical Contractor systems,
- Identifying constraints for not achieving compliance.
Experience: at least 5 years experience in supervising Geophysical Operations in the O&G industry preferably with experience as COMPANY Supervisor.
- IOGP & IAGC guidelines, Total additional requirements and their implementation on operations
- English, oral and written mandatory. .
- BOSIET/FOET (Opito Approved)
- OGUK Medical or equivalent
Should you be interested in the position of Lead QC Supervisor, please send your application via the apply button. For more information, please contact Charlotte Collins, Personnel Coordinator - Management & QC in Bristol, United Kingdom stating reference number CC-085209