Marine Geo Engineer
|Job reference nr.:||SD-120514|
|Type of work:||Permanent|
|Start date:||August 2, 2021|
Atlas Professionals is specialised in Renewables. At the moment we have an opening for the permanent position of Marine Geo Engineer to work in Netherlands. Interested in this permanent position? Let us know.
The Marine Geo Engineer will analyse and interrogate all geo data provided by the Client or third parties as this is internally organized in (GIS) data base and create all deliverables as required for the tender or project.For this, you have a solid technical knowledge related to geophysical and geotechnical offshore surveys and seabed intervention technologies & tools.You will be a part of a highly skilled team, based in the centre of Rotterdam. The offshore installation engineering department is highly versatile and regardless of the competences you hold at the moment you will be given the opportunity to broaden your offshore engineering competence.
Your primary tasks will be:
- In-depth analysis of raw and interpreted geotechnical and geophysical supplied data by our customers including gap analysis
- Review and Implementation of Cable Burial Risk Assessments (CBRA) and Seabed Mobility Studies
- Preparation and submission of Cable Burial Assessment Studies (BAS)
- Review of subcontractors Trenching proposals and determine the most effective subsea cable trenching tool
- Give input for the Route Engineering as to select the optimum cable routing considering the geotechnical and geophysical features of the seabed and sub-seabed
- Slope stability calculations mostly for crossings or for steep slopes (or review third party’s calculations)
- Ensure that the work will be performed according to the highest standards of Quality, Health & Safety and Environment during the project.
- Support in any further developments of the team
- You hold a MSc degree in one of these relevant studies: Geotechnical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Engineering Geology, Coastal Engineering, Offshore & Dredging Engineering, Earth Sciences, Physical Geography, Geology, or similar
- Preferably 5+ years’ experience in geotechnical and geophysical site investigation, geo-engineering, marine survey or offshore industry. Previous experience within the offshore trenching industry is beneficial
- Competent drafting and analytical skills in ArcGIS Pro; experience in Esri packages of 3D and Spatial Analyst or Navimodel are a plus
- You have a good understanding of the challenges and associated soil risks involved within the installation and trenching of subsea cable projects
- Skill set with regards to (rock) slope stability and hydraulic stability of underwater berms is beneficial
- Highly proficient in English, both written and spoken
Should you be interested in this position, please send your application via the apply button. For more information please contact the below mentioned vacancy contact stating the Job Reference Number mentioned above.