Marine Geotechnical Engineer
|Job reference nr.:||SD-111838|
|Type of work:||Permanent|
|Start date:||November 2, 2020|
Atlas Professionals is specialized in Renewables and currently recruiting for a Marine Geotechnical Engineer for an offshore engineering team which are offering a unique opportunity to join one of the leading suppliers of the largest and most complex submarine projects in the world.
Do you meet high standards and have worked as a Marine Geotechnical Engineer? Then we might have the right job for you!
As a Marine Geotechnical Engineer, your role involves following up of planning and execution of offshore tenders and projects in the installation phase with solutions in the geo-engineering and trenching work field. The position can include regular travel to other offices and offshore projects or project site offices.
Your tasks and activities can include:
- Provide geotechnical and trenching technical support throughout the lifetime of different tenders and projects
- Compilation, organization and analysis of different marine survey databases. Creation and maintenance of the correspondent ground models for different cable projects.
- Perform Survey data Gap Analysis with the supplied survey data, specially checking adequacy of the geotechnical and geophysical data
- In-depth analysis of geotechnical supplied data by our customers
- Preparation and submission of Cable Burial Assessment Studies (BAS) and Risk Assessments (CBRA)
- Review of subcontractors Trenching proposals and determine the most effective solution to meet customer needs
- Subsea cable trencher tool assessments
- Slope stability calculations
- Design requirements for geophysical and geotechnical site investigations and RFQs
- Project trenching data evaluation and lessons-learned
- You hold a MSc degree in one of these relevant studies: Geotechnical Engineering, Engineering Geology, Civil Engineering, Offshore & Dredging Engineering, Earth Sciences or equivalent.
- You have a good understanding of the challenges and associated soil risks involved within the installation and trenching of subsea cable projects.
- Experience in geotechnical site investigation, geo-engineering, marine survey or offshore industry. Previous experience within the offshore cable trenching industry is beneficial.
- You have knowledge of cable trenching engineering techniques, processes and tools, including soil behavior with different methodologies
- Attention to detail and structured approach
- Ability to keep deadlines even under pressure
- You enjoy being part of a motivated, international and dynamic team.
- Highly proficient in English, both written and spoken.
- Experience with GIS and CAD is beneficial
Should you be interested in this position, please send your application via the apply button. For more information please contact the below mentioned vacancy contact stating the Job Reference Number mentioned above.