Marine Project Engineer
|Job reference nr.:||SV-134513|
|Type of work:||Permanent|
|Start date:||July 1, 2022|
Atlas Professionals is specialized in Renewables and currently recruiting for a Marine Project Engineer to join the offshore team of our client based in Rotterdam.
Do you want to work on large scale offshore projects with a global customer base and exposure in the renewable, oil & gas and the interconnector industry? Then we might have the right job for you!
The Marine Project Engineer will analyze and interrogate all project engineering requirements provided by the Client or third party, and create or support the making of all deliverables as required for the tender or project. For this, you have a solid technical knowledge related to cable installation such as bathymetric survey, subsea cable installation and seabed intervention technologies & tools.
Your tasks and activities can include:
- Translate the tender or project requirements into engineering planning and ensure all work preparations are according to the requirements
- Write and review procedures and/or RFQ for the various seabed interventions as part of the offshore cable installation:
- Different types of survey scope of works
- Route clearance e.g. PLGR (Pre-Lay Grapnel Run), Boulder clearance, UXO anomalies
- Dredging (e.g. sand waves or areas where the slope angle exceeds the maximum slope angle for trenching equipment)
- Crossing procedure with existing cables and pipelines e.g. rock berm design and stability (Geo Engineer or 3rd party) or placement of concrete mattresses
- Rock dumping as protective layer for the cable, pre-lay or post-lay
- Nearshore works such as transition between offshore HDD pop-out and trenching, sandbanks, etc.
- Provide technical support and data to and review of documentation from subcontractors
- Review and summarize the route engineering considering the seabed features and objects
- Review and summarize any Seabed Intervention as required along the cable route
- Ensure that the engineering works follow the required QSHE engineering standards
- You hold a MSc degree in Marine Engineering, Offshore or Naval Engineering, or similar
- Preferably 5+ years’ experience in the offshore industry. Previous experience within the offshore seabed intervention industry is beneficial
- You have a good understanding of the challenges and associated risks involved with offshore operations
- Survey software such as ArcGIS Pro, Navimodel, AutoChart, ACAD Civil 3D is a plus
- Highly proficient in English, both written and spoken
Should you be interested in this position, please send your application via the apply button. For more information please contact the below mentioned vacancy contact stating the Job Reference Number mentioned above.