|Job reference nr.:||MM-128140|
|Job category:||Offshore Marine, QHSE, Renewables, Seismic, Survey|
|Type of work:||Permanent|
|Job location:||United States|
At the moment we have a vacancy for the permanent position of Marine Scientist. Interested? And do you have the necessary experience?
- Conduct surveys in support of projects related to marine construction, pipeline/cable route design, civil engineering (ports, harbors, bridges etc.) or coastal protection/renourishment.
- Participate in (de)mobilization, safety and toolbox and meetings.
- Set-up and operate marine survey equipment and survey vessel.
- Report and coordinate on maintenance on vessel and equipment issues with field project manager.
- Maintain daily activity and safety logs.
- Collect, test, analyze and process ocean samples and sediment data.
- Synthesize data and draft summary reports.
- Communicate regularly with team members, data processing team, field and project managers.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marine Science, Environmental Science, Geology, Coastal Zone Management, or related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Specific course work in marine geology, coastal geology, geophysics, sedimentology, hydrography, oceanography and GIS/CAD a major plus.
- At least two years of related experience in the field required.
- Related experience in the field in hydrographic surveying, in both single beam and multi-beam hydrography is a strong plus.
- Experience working with the following equipment: analogue and digital seismic systems (subbottom profilers, multi-channel etc.), side scan sonars, magnetometers, swath bathymetry systems, navigation packages (software and GPS), tide gauges, wave gauges, current meters, sediment sampling tools etc.
- Ability to safely operate a small boat or water craft.
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to remain tactful and professional when managing groups with various opinions and task timelines.
- Extremely organized, detail-oriented with strong analytical skills.
- Excellent observational and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- 50%+ travel to projects both within the US and overseas will be required.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Valid state driver’s license.
- Prolonged periods of standing on a vessel and sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Working in outdoor weather conditions on a vessel.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times.
Should you be interested in this position, please send your application via the apply button. For more information please contact the below mentioned vacancy contact stating the Job Reference Number mentioned above.