Mechanical Engineer Offshore Substation
|Job reference nr.:||SD-102734|
|Type of work:||Temporary|
|Start date:||February 10, 2020|
Atlas Professionals is specialised in Renewables. At the moment we have an opening for the temporary position of Mechanical Engineer Offshore Substation to work in Netherlands. Our client has started the IJmuiden Ver project which comprehends two 2GW HVDC Offshore Substations which should be operational in 2027/2029. They will standardize these platforms to a large extend and will therefore perform an extensive Front-End Engineering & Design (FEED) study in 2020/2021 with the assistance of an external FEED designer. This FEED should result in a set of specifications and a basic design, ready to start tendering for the realization of these offshore substations.
As Mechanical Engineer Offshore Substation you are responsible to realize together with the extensive Front-End Engineering & Design (FEED) designer this set of specifications and basic design for all mechanical systems on the Substation. Interested in this temporary position? Let us know.
Your main responsibility will be to develop, review, optimize and guide the mechanical discipline of the FEED. You will be the vocal point for all mechanical related topics, will interact with the internal and external stakeholders and translate their needs to clear requirements towards the FEED designer. In addition you will steer the FEED designer towards a cost-effective design by making constant trade-offs between cost, performance and risk. You will do this in cooperation with multi-disciplinary team and with support of other experts within the company.
The main focus of your responsibilities will be on the mechanical discipline and systems, but since the project will be managed with a small team, your scope will be broader. It may include the following systems: HVAC, draining system, cranes, cooling system, piping, fire fighting and detection, safety equipment, water system, material handling, accommodation.
Tasks and responsibilities include:
• Improve, develop and draft technical specifications for the future 2GW HVDC offshore substations together with the FEED designer.
• Review the basic design for the above mentioned systems made by the FEED designer.
• Be actively involved in a multidisciplinary team and carry out interdisciplinary reviews.
• Be flexible in work scope.
• Act as an expert.
• Participate in the FEED and all technical meetings, design review meetings, HAZID, HAZOP, etc. and explain TenneT's specifications, review technical designs.
• Ensure the quality of delivered products from FEED designer.
• You have a Bachelor or preferable Master degree in Mechanical/Offshore Engineering or a comparable discipline.
• You have extensive knowledge and experience in designing and developing specifications for offshore platforms. You have knowledge about the above mentioned systems on offshore substations.
• You have a wide experience in platform developments, gained in O&G or in E industries.
• You are cost conscious.
• Ability to grasp new concepts quickly and to become acquainted with a range of topics.
• You have good communication skills and are able to organize and schedule activities well.
• You show initiative, you are persuasive, sensitive, aware of your stakeholders and capable of balanced judgment.
• You are dynamic, enthusiastic, intrinsically motivated, you take your responsibility and ownership (committed); no 'nine to five-mentality'.
• You are fluent in Dutch and English, both verbally and in writing.
• Willingness to travel.
Duty station for this function is Arnhem, with two or three days a week at a location near Rotterdam and an incidental visit to Germany. Should you be interested in the position of Mechanical Engineer Offshore Substation, please send your application via the apply button. For more information, please contact Sophie de Jong, Personnel Coordinator in Hoofddorp.