|Job reference nr.:||WV-107912|
|Job category:||Engineering & Project Controls|
|Type of work:||Contract|
|Start date:||August 1, 2020|
For one of our client active in offshore construction have a requirement for a Naval Architect to work as part of the Naval Architecture department. This is an excellent opportunity for the successful candidate to develop their engineering skills in a dynamic and challenging environment.
- Position Overview
The Naval Architect will provide specialist technical support to our customer's fleet in collaboration with other engineering specialists in the department.
- Provide daily assistance to Marine Superintendents on technical matters relating to structural and naval architectural issues.
- Preparation of specifications, scopes of work, calculations and procedures for modifications.
- Management of third party consultants retained to undertake structural and naval architectural studies.
- Production of hydro static, stability and miscellaneous structural calculations.
- Provide assistance to Vessel Superintendents and Project Managers with preparation of vessel docking specifications.
- Management, supervision and reporting of dead weight surveys / inclining tests together with the production and delivery of approved stability documentation.
- Liaison with Flag State, Port State and Classification Society representatives on technical matters.
- Liaison with model testing establishments (including development of SOW) and attendance at tests.
- Attendance on site (regional and global) in support of ship personal as required.
- Technical support to new build projects when required.
- Provision of Naval Architectural services to other departments (regional and worldwide) in areas such as tender and project support.
- Coordinate and update vessel RAO database
- Accredited Degree in Naval Architecture or a similar discipline
- Chartered Engineer or working towards chartered status
- Previous experience in a responsible position and similar role (Essential)
- Experience in Naval Architectural calculations (eg: stability, motions analysis, DP analysis etc). (Essential)
- Experience in structural calculations related to main ship structure and miscellaneous structures. (Essential)
- Good knowledge of ship Classification Society Rules and principal international marine legislation (eg: SOLAS, MARPOL etc). (Essential)
- Experience in providing technical support to a fleet of offshore construction ships. (Advantageous)
- Good working knowledge of standard Windows packages (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Knowledge of Autohydro / Autoload (Advantageous)
- Knowledge of DNV software, STAAD, ANSYS and familiarity with large scale FE analysis methods (Advantageous)
- Good analytical, planning and organisational capabilities with the ability to meet defined objectives and deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills – spoken and written English
- Ability to explain results of work to both technical and non-technical colleagues
- The position is based in the Hague area, the Netherlands.
Should you be interested in the position of Naval Architect, please send your application via the apply button. For more information, please contact Wesley Van Zijp, Account Manager in Hoofddorp, Netherlands