Naval Architect / Hull Inspector
|Job reference nr.:||CL-108938|
|Job category:||Management & QC|
|Type of work:||Temporary|
|Start date:||August 13, 2020|
Looking for a temporary job as Naval Architect in Singapore? Atlas Professionals in Singapore is always looking for new Management & QC professionals. At the moment we have a vacancy for the position of Naval Architect / Hull Inspector.
- On behalf of the future facility Operator, carry out a site inspection (assume late August) of a VLCC tanker (FPSO conversion candidate) and prepare an inspection report
- To attend a tanker de-mucking / inspection offshore Singapore late August, acting as Client rep to check & report back on the Contractor’s inspection activities in preparation for conversion.
- Approx 5 days on board with a day each side to transit to & from the facility. Initial visit late Aug, follow up mid to late Sept.
- Potential to carry out a second site visit and report (assume late September)
- Purpose of the inspection is to verify the work carried out by the FPSO conversion Contractor with key scope being:
- Confirm Contractor is performing and managing tanker demucking, cleaning and inspection activities in accordance with the Client HSSE management plans
- Provide independent survey of selected hull structural areas to support verification of Contractor issued inspection reports and identify elements that may not meet BoD requirements (20 year design life)
- Confirm that the selected marine equipment are suitable for refurbishment in accordance with Contractor’s conversion specifications and identify equipment that may not meet BoD requirements (20 year design life)
- Confirm that the vessel preservation plans are sufficient to allow it to transit from site to China safely
- Client detailed scope of work and assistance in preparing inspection workpack and report will be provided via a remote team.
- Site inspection duration expected to be 3-5 days.
- Candidates must be in located in Indonesia (Batam) with full working rights (no visa, travel or quarantine assistance available)
- Relevant qualifications and experience in tanker inspection, refurbishment and life extension scopes with references available
- Has prior experience in carrying out VLCC Condition survey
Should you be interested in this position, please send your application via the apply button. For more information please contact the below mentioned vacancy contact stating the Job Reference Number mentioned above.