Offshore Load CFD engineer
|Job reference nr.:||SV-129639|
|Type of work:||Temporary|
|Start date:||February 1, 2022|
|Job duration:||> 1 year|
We are looking for an Offshore Load CFD Engineer for on of our clients within the offshore wind industry. Are you a highly skilled and experienced CFD Engineer? Then we are keen on receiving your application!
Our client is looking for an engineer based in the Netherlands for the following project:
- Assessing and analyzing wind turbine blade instabilities and consequential high loads on the latest generations of offshore wind turbines. This is to be done by using Computational Fluid Dynamic (CFD) tools, as these are the only available tools to make the investigations given the high complexity of the 3D flow structure around the blades in these configurations.
- Unsteady 3D full span CFD with CFX CFD tool is to be run to investigate potential risks of vibrations in wind turbine stand-still and installation configuration.
- Comparisons and benchmark validations with more advanced CFD codes are to be performed.
- Run specific numerical, transition and mesh dependency robustness sensitivity studies.
- Cross check VIV and SIV results where the damping model is artificially applied.
- Run computations and compare to internal test data including environmental condition impact (shear, veer, TI).
- Suggest a methodology to reduce risks for the evaluation of our new blade designs for SIV and VIV.
- Compare CFD results with engineering methods.
- MSc in fluid mechanics with focus on CFD and unsteady aerodynamics.
- Strong CFX experience including mesh experience in ICEM, ANSYS and Pointwise.
- Fluent in coding in Matlab and CFX pre and post processing.
Should you be interested in this position, please send your application via the apply button. For more information please contact the below mentioned vacancy contact stating the Job Reference Number mentioned above.