Offshore Operator, Netherlands
|Job reference nr.:||JY-120411|
|Job category:||Operations & Maintenance|
|Type of work:||Temporary|
|Start date:||August 10, 2021|
|Schedule:||2 weeks on / 3 weeks off - offshore|
*Dear reader, for this position we will only consider candidates living in the Netherlands. Professionals written/Spoken Dutch proficiency is also required.
This position is a ‘hands on’ offshore technician role, responsible for proactive monitoring and troubleshooting of continuous process and utility systems to sustain steady state conditions within design operating envelopes.
You are fully proficient in both central control room (using distributed control/ESD and fire + gas) systems, and field operations on offshore installations in the North Sea, the Netherlands.
Other works include Administration and policing of the Permit-to-Work system, Providing input to the creation and reviews of operating procedures and work instructions.
Roles and Responsibilities
This role has the following responsibilities and outputs:
- Adhere to technical Governmental and Company rules, regulations and procedures.
- Ensure all lifesaving, firefighting and emergency systems are well maintained and are ready for immediate use.
- Understand, implement and support maintenance strategy and philosophy.
- Familiar with CMMS software programs and tools (such as Maximo).
- Adhere to, implement and maintain full control of the Permit to Work system.
- Actively participate in Job Hazard Analysis, incident investigations, safety meetings, toolbox meetings, emergency response exercises/drills, etc.
- Act as a team-player in the multi-functional operations and maintenance team.
- Maintain proper housekeeping.
- Develop cross-discipline multi-tasking within Production Operations and Maintenance group activities.
- Develop process improvements in liaison with Process Engineering support.
- Troubleshoot process related problems both independently and in liaison with vendor specialists.
- Participate in the offshore Emergency Response organization as required (this may include responsibilities in Search & Rescue and Fire Fighting).
- Contribute to development and implementation of procedures and work instructions.
- Self-starter. Plan own day-to-day operational activities in an effective manner and in close coordination with the Offshore Supervisor.
- Familiarise with the Company Policies, including the policies on HSE, Risk Management and Major Hazards;
- Familiarise with the Management System and its meaning for day-to-day work;
- Familiarise with the work and be aware of all associated risks for People, the Environment, Assets and Reputation (PEAR);
- Report any incident, near miss, hazards (unsafe acts/situations) and improvement suggestions;
- Know their roles and responsibilities;
- Actively participate in any job or HSEQ training or instruction by or on behalf of the company;
- Use all provided means as intended and according to their purpose.
We will look at the following requirements/competence:
- Technical/Process MBO level educated with at least 5 years’ experience in the oil & gas industry.
- Analytical skills to identify and resolve process and technical problems.
- Familiar with working with DCS/ICSS systems.
- In depth knowledge of process and utility systems and understanding of the physics of oil and gas processing systems.
- Full awareness of risks, knowledge of hazard data sheets present at worksite.
- Additional NOGEPA training is required, depending on the actual position within the offshore emergency response teams. This could include for instance the following training: Gas Measuring, Banksman, Coxswain MOB, Fire Team Member, etc.
- Marcom B training.
- Full awareness of offshore emergency plans.
- Adequate computer skills, i.e. MS Office.
- High cost efficiency awareness level.
- Able to communicate both verbal and written in the Dutch and English language
- Able to take swift and sound decisions in case of emergencies in order to assure that the safety of crew and platform is not jeopardized.
- High team spirit awareness
- Flexible, initiative, positive approach to all aspects of work
- Problem solving
- Ability to integrate across functions and ability to learn
Should you be interested in this position, please send your application via the apply button. For more information please contact the below mentioned vacancy contact stating the Job Reference Number mentioned above.