|Job reference nr.:||QV-097728|
|Job category:||Operations & Maintenance|
|Type of work:||Permanent|
|Start date:||March 31, 2020|
The Operator Mechanic functions both as an operator and as a mechanic. The Operator will be deployed on our satellites and on our main complexes. On a satellite, the production process consists of separating and drying gas in accordance with specifications. Compression is also needed for the gas to be transported. This processing is controlled from the central control room on the main platform. The Operator carries out the requisite measures to ensure undisrupted production, partly as instructed by or in consultation with the Team Leader and/or Operator.
Mechanics perform work in their field of expertise in the production and other systems on the platforms and satellites. The most essential equipment in the production process is installed in duplicate. Parts are repaired to a limited extent in the offshore workshop. The mechanics can turn to the senior mechanic for support, who in turn can consult with the engineers onshore and external specialists from supplier organizations.
Compliance with regulations- complying with the applicable legislation and regulations regarding safety (including electrical work),
occupational health and safety, the environment, the mining act and the procedures and regulations
in the operations manual
- being aware of and attentive to possible health and safety and environmental risks and as such
complying strictly with established procedures, rules and regulations
Gas production achieved
- ensuring an uninterrupted production process on the satellite (separation, drying, compression) in
accordance with the applicable specifications
- checking the progress and quality of the production process on the basis of alarm signals, process
control panels and visual observations
- taking samples and performing standard analyses
- identifying shortcomings and establishing corrective measures in consultation with the Operator
- adjusting production installations, carrying out repairs, exchanging components, deploying reserve
equipment, using a range of manual tools
- giving instructions to contractors
On-the-job safety ensured
- ensuring that tasks are performed safely by using the safe work permit system, in the interest of
safeguarding staff safety
- preparing the activities to be performed by third parties, in order to create a safe working situation
- taking measures to exclude or minimise risks
- ensuring the observance of rules and protocols during work, taking corrective measures where risks
- supervising third parties when they work on our installations
Preventive maintenance carried out and malfunctions resolved in the mechanical domain- carrying out preventive maintenance and resolving malfunctions in the mechanical domain
- carrying out repair work by established working methods and resources, judging the need for
support and expertise from other specialisms
- carrying out preventive and corrective maintenance following protocols and guidelines
- localizing malfunctions and their causes on the basis of indications, notifications and proactive
- resolving malfunctions and carrying out repairs; performing start-ups and test runs
- setting, operating and adjusting equipment, using repair and maintenance tools
Works logged- logging production data, works performed, time taken and materials used
Dedication & commitment
Able to take on assignments and duties, show commitment and goodwill to achieve set goals, and seek alternatives.
Able to achieve consistent quality, detect problems and make adjustments within permitted norms. Able to anticipate problems and recognize hidden defects.
Order, tidiness and safety
Attentive and careful in complying with rules and regulations regarding order, tidiness and safety.
Able to collaborate with others towards a common purpose.
Carrying out routine tasks without help or guidance, organizing activities reasonably effectively.
Required qualifications and experience
The knowledge and experience requirements have been determined by the company.
Operational and conceptual level
Senior secondary vocational education and training (MBO) level 3 or higher
Education and experience
- Petroleum, gas and maintenance technology, Process Operator B (Vapro).
- Experience as an operator in the petrochemical industry.
- Several years of experience as SWTK or MAROF.
- Technical vocational education and training (MTS) in mechanical engineering or energy technology.
- Supplementary training courses in process control engineering.
- Experience in energy generation, process control engineering and mechanical engineering
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal in Dutch and English.
Should you be interested in the position of Operator/Mechanic, please send your application via the apply button. For more information, please contact Quinten Van Beest, Account Manager - Production and Maintenance in Hoofddorp, The Netherlands stating reference number QV-097728