|Job reference nr.:||IP-139889|
|Job category:||Atlas Staff Position|
Atlas Professionals are looking for a highly skilled Payroll Specialist to join our finance team in Boston MA for a 6-12 month contract. Our team are seeing some exciting growth and require a new member of the team to provide payroll service delivery for union and non-union professionals.
Who are we?
Atlas Professionals is a global leading recruitment company in the oil and gas, marine and renewables industry with 24 offices in 17 countries. We are the leading global recruitment company in our industries. We believe few things are more essential to people than finding and keeping meaningful work. Atlas is the nexus, where our visionary clients find the professionals they need at the frontier of Energy, Marine and Renewables. Our values are at the heart of everything we do and investing in people is important to us; we are transparent, open and straightforward and we do what we promise.
What does the day to day look like?
The Payroll Specialist is responsible for maintaining the structure of all financial and administrative processes which are related to all payroll activities.
You will ensure the production of payroll for employees is timely and accurate communicating effectively across various stakeholders in the group.
How can I achieve success?
As the Payroll specialist you are responsible for the payroll activities assigned to a particular business unit. Other aspects of the role include
- The ability to handle payrolls in multiple states.
- Go over pay practices related to FLSA, fringe benefit reporting and other payroll areas and determine how those practices apply to advise management
- Honor current payroll tax requirements and relevant laws associated with the processing of employee wage data, including payroll taxes, employee federal and state income and social security taxes and other required reporting.
- Comply with internal business partners to ensure security protocols for pay systems
- Address voluntary deductions, as well as wage garnishments, pay levies, and other involuntary court-ordered payments reporting to the necessary authorities
- Confirm timely processing of payroll in accordance with labor regulations and standard accounting principles
- Facilitate staff with general questions related to payroll, other pay related issues, wage deductions, PTO accruals, and fringe benefits
- Manage processing and reporting of funding to third parties for payroll related items such as pension, union dues,401K, health benefits, etc
- Supervise quarterly and year-end payroll reports
- Operate regular payroll reporting as required and assist with financial audits related to pay records and associated general ledger Requirements - Full Cycle Payroll experience
- Experience using the Paylocity Payroll platform preferred
What can I expect?
You’ll work in an international dynamic environment, where no two days are the same.
We give you plenty of space to develop yourself and your career. Feel free to be an entrepreneur, an apprentice and a team player with us, and above all to be yourself. Everyone is welcome at Atlas Professionals
Excellent working conditions with a friendly working atmosphere with, of course, nice colleagues!
In addition to a competitive salary we also offer an annual company bonus scheme, company benefits including Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, access to 401(k) savings plan and 20 days holiday annually (plus public holidays).
Think you have what it takes?
We are fortunate to have a fantastic team, great professionals working for us and clients that we have worked with for years. We look to build teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, abilities and ultimately decide employment on the basis of merit. If you're eager to join the Atlas family, learn more about our unique industry and think you have what we're looking for, then we would love to hear from you.