|Job reference nr.:||RA-088620|
|Discipline Category:||Offshore Management & QC|
|Type of work:||Permanent|
|Start date:||April 30, 2019|
|Job location:||United Kingdom|
Atlas Professionals is looking for professionals to work as Permitting Manager with one of the clients of the office in Bristol, United Kingdom. It’s a permanent position in United Kingdom. Do you have the necessary experience?
Job Title: Permitting Manager
Type : Permanent
For some given projects, the Permit Controller as part of the Project team is responsible for defining, organising and managing (internally and externally) the permits in principle (PIP) and Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) study activities when ASN has the contractual responsibility to do so.
- Identify all required Permit documents and EIAs and associated constraints for the assigned projects.
- Identify the risks associated with these activities.
- Co-ordinate with the rest of the Project team (especially Planning) and ASN Marine competence centre (especially Survey/CRS) to ensure that milestones and deliverables are aligned.
- Produce the Permit RACI matrix to confirm that project permit responsibilities and interfaces are carefully allocated and ownership assigned.
- Identify and assist Purchasing in the appointment of specialist permit contractors with relevant experience and expertise. Specify their scope of work and closely control and manage their activities throughout the project.
- Provide regular financial status and program reports during the projects lifecycle.
- Liaise with ASN legal where required for specific legal support if required for the permitting process.
- Report and present to ASN Customers as required by the project team, including as required attendance at Customer meetings.
- Occasional support to ASN bid teams through providing total cost, timescale required and input to contractual terms and conditions for Permitting activities.
- Research, record, maintain and update, from past project and bidding records, studies and online sources, the permitting and regulatory requirements for permitting submarine cables in national and sub-national jurisdictions worldwide.
- Understand, interpret and process the information gathered, and include it in the Project Knowledge Base, in a manner that will inform future ASN bids and assist in the implementation of projects.
- Maintain, for internal use by the Permitting and Environment Unit, records of experience and assessments of performance of permitting contractors, and model forms of contracts.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience in and good understanding of regulatory control and permitting of infrastructure projects
- Experience in marine/coastal permitting work, including environmental permitting and EIA, ideally for the submarine cable industry, would be advantageous
- Meticulous attention to detail and high standards of presentation
- Good interpersonal skills: persuasiveness, maturity and tact
- Excellent team player, but also self-motivated and adaptable
- Ability to work proactively to tight deadlines in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to quickly develop a technical appreciation of submarine cable projects
- Good IT skills, especially in the management of complex and non-numerical data
- Competence in another language (especially French and/or Spanish) would be advantageous
- Occasional overseas travel as required
Should you be interested in the position of Permitting Manager, please send your application via the apply button. For more information, please contact Reza Amin, Account Manager in Bristol, United Kingdom stating reference number RA-088620