|Job reference nr.:||MM-125411|
|Job category:||Operations & Maintenance, QHSE|
|Type of work:||Permanent|
|Start date:||November 1, 2021|
|Job location:||United States|
Our client is looking for a Project Controller, based in Houston, TX.Do you have the necessary skills?
The Project Controller will:
- Form a part of the Regional Finance team, providing direct support to the Operations team. The role will be proactive, sharing knowledge and experience, raising areas of difficulty and concern and assisting in improving routines and processes. To achieve this, the Project Controller will attend regular department meetings and workshops within the Finance & Operations teams.
- Provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets and financial reports and support to Senior Management and Project managers with project analysis.
- Prepare project analysis and recommend changes to improve project performance; monitor and analyse monthly operating results against budget.
- Build and maintain project forecasting projections
- Contribute to standards and procedures of best practice within the area of project controlling in according with our customers standards.
- Be responsible for project procurement and invoicing
- Most of the work is carried out in the local office although visits to other Company offices may be required on an ad-hoc basis.
- Other duties as required to support Finance and/or Operations.
key tasks (These tasks may be completed onshore or offshore)
During PROJECT start-up the Project Controller will be responsible for:
- the establishment and communication of processes and routines required for effective control and reporting during the project lifecycle to all relevant team members with consideration of IFRS and other compliance legislation
- the establishment of a project coding structure in accordance with the Group Chart of Accounts and taking into consideration the interface with the Project Planning function, where applicable
- the use of standard, appropriate templates for financial, performance and customer reporting
- Developing a common understanding of the Tender budget through a review and analysis process with the relevant estimator and project team members
- Transfer of the Tender budget to the cost management system to form the basis of future monitoring and control
During the project lifecycle the Project Controller will be responsible for:
- the timely coding, collection, analysis and reporting of all project expenditure, together with the budget holder(s)
- Monitoring and reporting of project revenue together with the preparation of documentation for client invoicing and credit control of issued invoices.
- preparing supporting data and documentation for Variation Orders as required
- the preparation of the customer cost reporting package as dictated by the contract
- Participate in internal and relevant external/client project meetings as required
- Prepare updated monthly project forecasting analyses
- the production and input of figures and analyses to the variance analysis
- the production and input of figures and analyses to the “Project Managers Project Review meeting - with focus on the presentation of a clear and concise overview
- the provision of the monthly project financial input and variance analysis for consolidation into the Monthly Finance Report
- the reconciliation of forecasted and actual expenditures and production of project accruals
- the production of audit reports and other audit information as required by internal & external audit teams
- the preparation of experience feedback figures to the Project Controls and Tendering departments
- the preparation of input to the Annual Budget Process as appropriate
- Preparation of Close Out Documentation both internally and externally relevant to the Project Controls function.
- Ad hoc tasks as requested by the Project Services Manager
- Bachelor in Finance or equivalent
- Experience in different type of projects; Lump sum/ Frame work/ day rate
- Experience within accounting
- 3+ years of previous experienced as a Project Controller
Should you be interested in this position, please send your application via the apply button. For more information please contact the below mentioned vacancy contact stating the Job Reference Number mentioned above.