Project HSE Manager
|Job reference nr.:||CL-100478|
|Job category:||Engineering & Project Controls|
|Type of work:||Contract|
|Start date:||December 3, 2019|
Atlas Professionals is looking for professionals to work as Project HSE Manager with one of the clients of the office in Singapore. It’s a temporary position in Singapore. Do you have the necessary experience?
- Leads and coordinates the application of CLIENT HSE policy, standards , HSE-MS and OHSAS 18001 requirements, client HSE requirements and project HSE Plan across all aspects of the project and work phases from engineering, procurement, construction, integration, HUC, commissioning through to handover.
- May be assigned to undertake a small to medium size project OR may be assigned to independently manage a large construction site or several construction sites.
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of Statutory HS&E Regulations and Industry HS&E standards and ensure their correct implementation.
Ensures project activities carried out by CLIENT are conducted in strict accordance with international standards (ISO 14001 series and OSHAS 18001) and within corporate HSE standards.
- Ensures that CLIENT HSSEQ Policy, Standards and Corporate HSEQMS, Client HSE requirements and Project HSE Plan are implemented consistently and effectively and are known and understood by all project site team.
- Maintains HSE communications with HSE Manager – MOPS and Project Manager on safety alerts, HSE concerns and resources.
Creates, establishes and leads implementation of Project HSSE Plan(s), HSSE procedures, work instructions, etc and HSE performance measurement.
- Establishes, attends and monitors the conduct and execution of project HSE studies, reviews, assessments, etc including HAZIDs, HAZOP’s, FSAs, Risk assessments, JSAs.
- Monitors and evaluates Contractors’ HSE performance as per Corporate requirements, Project Contract and Project HSE Plan.
- Ensures that systems are implemented to aid the continuous improvement of the project HSSE Plans, programs and practices.
- Advises project personnel in the identification and prevention of unsafe conditions, unsafe practices, health hazards and environmental aspects by audits and inspections. Advises of future preventive measures and or corrective actions.
- Ensures all project accident/ incidents are reported, investigated and reports issued in timely manner as per Corporate and Project requirements.
- Ensures all corrective actions of accidents and inspection are followed up and closed out.
- Identifies HSSE training needs, plan and ensures training is effectively conducted.
- Supervises and mentors Safety team members at sites.
- Champions CSR programmes and ensures that awareness process is fully implemented within the Project.
- Ensures and implements effective emergency response plans for all project sites, including communications and drills.
- Ensures HSE records and reports are compiled, maintained and submitted in accordance with Corporate and project requirements and schedules.
- Apply time management to ensure above activities undertaken according to HSSE risks.
- Complies with the relevant clauses of the CLIENT HSEQ Code of Conduct as described in the HSEQ Policies, 14 HSEQ Standards, and HSEQ Procedures to protect people and the environment at all times. Has a duty of care to ensure that all personnel work in a manner that is not harmful to their own health/safety and the health/safety of others.
- Complies with the CLIENT Group Policy Code of Business Conduct and Ethics at all times.
- Involved in Financial and Operational Dimensions/Impact and Decision-making Authority : Project Incentive budget and PPE budget
- Deals with safety, health and environment issues only, and with guidance from the Company’s HSE policies, frameworks, protocols and practices, as well as regulatory frameworks. On major (or any) incidents, is not required to make independent decisions. On accidents shall use the STOP work authority.
- Is not involved in making commercial decisions.
- Does not have accountability on staff matters, but may have to guide subordinates on any matters relating to the assigned project, reports to the Project Manager of the project.
- Interfaces across Project team and contractors to identify, evaluate and resolve HSE issues, and improve the efficiency and execution of HSE requirements.
- At all times, demonstrate to Client, Contractors, Sub Contractors and Third Parties that you champion the CLIENT safe working culture.
- In the event of an accident/incident, may have to deal with Government’s inspectors and regulators.
- Supervises HSE Officers/Coordinator at the site.
- Main job challenge relates to the physical working environment and conditions. Is required to climb up to high levels, go into confined place and work under harsh climatic conditions out in the yards or offshore.
- Has to influence behaviours and cultures to change any unsafe work habits and avoid using short cut but unsafe methods to meet timelines.
- Require frequent travel to project locations/sites, including international travel. Multiple priorities in a constantly changing environment.
- Bachelor or Diploma in OHS , Engineering or Science
- Completed Certification as a Workplace Health and Safety Officer (WHSO) through the Ministry of Manpower, or equivalent/similar for overseas base.
- Must have OHSAS18001 lead auditor certification.
- Must have knowledge of ISO14001 internal auditor.
- Must have exposure and knowledge of ISPS code.
- Mandatory exposure including facilitating HAZID’s, HAZOP’s, FSA’s, Risk Assessments, JSA’s.
- Fifteen years or more of progressive experience in the development, and implementation of Health, Safety and Environmental programs involving the project life cycle.
- Minimum of ten years in a Lead HSE position within an EPCI environment.
- Track record in motivation & communication, and proficiency and breadth in organization & project planning.
- Experience as an HSE trainer or coach and in developing general and specific HSE awareness, induction and refresher HSE trainings for site leaders, supervisors and engineers.
- Must posses the following key attributes
c. Communications and influencing skills
d. Concern for order
e. Safety orientation/focus
- On average, about 90% of the working time may be spent on site or in the yards, which may be out in the ocean.
Should you be interested in the position of Project HSE Manager, please send your application via the apply button. For more information, please contact Chris Lawrence, Account Manager in Singapore