Senior Claims Manager
|Job reference nr.:||VB-126135|
|Job category:||Management & QC, Renewables|
|Type of work:||Temporary|
|Start date:||November 1, 2021|
|Job location:||United States|
Atlas Professionals is specialised in Management & QC;Renewables. At the moment we have an opening for the temporary position of Senior Claims Manager to work in United States. Interested in this temporary position? Let us know.
The Senior Claims Manager is a critical role within the Offshore Business focusing on the delivery of large-scale offshore wind projects in the United States,
working with Multinational Joint Venture Partner(s) and Contractors ensuring that clients'
position is suitably protected in any agreements.
Belonging to Procurement/Contract Department and reporting to the Contract Director. Responsible
for defining contracting strategies and plans, tendering, negotiating and managing multi-million dollar offshore delivery contracts.
The Senior Claim Manager would work closely with the supply chain and maintain high level relationships with the major suppliers and contractors; the purpose being to ensure that Vineyard Wind maintains very effective and value adding relationships with the suppliers to enhance our ability to deliver against our business strategy.
The individual will be working as part of a global business with activities in the US and the rest of the world. The position may require frequent travel to various locations in the US and overseas and during development, contracting and delivery of projects (large packages) the individual should be prepared to manage teams working at different project locations.
APPLICANTS MUST BE UNITED STATES CITIZENS or PERMANENT RESIDENTS
Education & Experience Required:
- Degree and professional qualification in relevant discipline – Mechanical/Electrical/Marine Engineering/Naval Architectural, Contract Management, Legal background, Project Management, Construction Management or commercially orientated qualification.
- Substantial postgraduate experience in industry with significant experience in the energy sector.
- IT literate with the ability to operate MS Office systems and other IT based project management software.
- Flexible to travel.
- Proven track record delivering complex multi-discipline projects.
Special Requirements (not mandatory)
- Experience of offshore sector
- Extensive commercial, contractual, technical and practical knowledge of renewable energy technology and/or oil-gas.
- Experience in management of large multidisciplinary teams.
- Extensive experience in management of large multidisciplinary contracting strategies.
- Proven track record delivering large, complex, multidisciplinary designs and execution of works in an renewable energy environment.
- Strong knowledge of industry standards and offshore regulations.
- Knowledge of health and safety and environmental legislation associated with construction projects.
- Proven capability of delivering against multiple targets.
- Proactive and diligent approach.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Good organizational and operational skills with the ability to link this awareness to contractual judgement and decision making.
- Ability to adapt quickly to a rapidly changing working environment and demonstrate a positive approach to change.
- High degree of self-motivation with a flexible approach to work.
- Team player approach with strong leadership capabilities.
- Computer literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft office applications as well as an ability to deal with new software.
Should you be interested in this position, please send your application via the apply button. For more information please contact the below mentioned vacancy contact stating the Job Reference Number mentioned above.