Senior Contract Manager
|Job reference nr.:||IC-135158|
|Job category:||Engineering & Project Controls, Renewables|
|Type of work:||Temporary|
|Start date:||August 31, 2022|
|Job location:||United States|
Atlas Professionals is specialised in Engineering & Project Controls;Renewables. At the moment we have an opening for the temporary position of Senior Contract Manager to work in United States. Interested in this temporary position? Let us know.
To be part of the contracts team in contracting for offshore wind projects within a top offshore wind comapny with a focus on geotechnical and geophysical works and such other engineering and preconstruction works as may be needed by the projects.
The Senior Contract Manager is a critical role within the Offshore Business focusing on the delivery of large-scale offshore wind projects in the United States, working with contractors ensuring that the top offshore wind company position is suitably protected in any agreements.
As part of the Project Services Department and reporting to the Director, Contracts – US Offshore. Responsible for helping define contracting strategies and plans, tendering, negotiating and managing multi-million dollar offshore delivery contracts.
The Senior Contract Manager will work closely with the supply chain including major suppliers and contractors to ensure that the top offshore wind company maintains very effective and value adding relationships to enhance our ability to deliver against our business strategy.
The individual will be working as part of a global business with activities primarily in the US. The position may require travel to various locations in the US and overseas during development, contracting and delivery of projects (large packages). The individual should be prepared to work with teams at different project locations and time zones.
- Technical and practical knowledge of wind energy technology preferred.
- Experience within large multidisciplinary teams preferred.
- Experience in helping plan large multidisciplinary contracting strategies.
- Track record working on large, complex, multidisciplinary designs and execution of works in a renewable energy environment.
- Knowledge of industry standards and offshore regulations.
- Knowledge of health and safety and environmental legislation associated with construction projects.
- Capability of delivering against multiple targets.
- Proactive and diligent approach.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good report writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Good organizational and operational skills with the ability to link this awareness to contractual judgement and decision making.
- Ability to adapt quickly to a rapidly changing working environment and demonstrate a positive approach to change.
- High degree of self-motivation with a flexible approach to work.
- Computer literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft office applications as well as an ability to deal with new software.
- Planning horizon for all contracting activities relating to the delivery of the offshore business plan.
- Understanding project investment cases and annual budgets including controlling and forecasting.
- Specifying and procuring multi-million dollar project contracts.
- Degree and professional qualification in relevant discipline –
- Experience in the energy industry.
- Experience within offshore renewable energy or oil and gas sector
- IT literate with the ability to operate MS Office systems and other IT based project management software.
- Flexible to travel
- Work on complex multi-discipline projects.
Should you be interested in this position, please send your application via the apply button. For more information please contact the below mentioned vacancy contact stating the Job Reference Number mentioned above.