Senior Financial Controller
|Job reference nr.:||FR-115467|
|Job category:||Atlas Staff Position|
The Senior Financial Controller role is situated in our Hoofddorp office working in an international finance team that aspires to reshape the processes and activities to continuously improve and identify the most efficient ways of working.
This role is crucial to collaborate with the entire finance team to get the numbers right, and make the reporting to all stakeholders relevant, timely, accurate and complete.
To achieve this, the finance team are globally harmonizing all local ways of working, into a centralized and harmonized approach. You will have to connect with the tax, insurance and payroll team to cooperate with other controllers to achieve alignment and control on the cross departmental activities.
The experienced Controller is accountable in 2 major areas:
- The quality of the financials of the reporting units he/she is responsible for:
- The housekeeping within assigned reporting units: accurate and complete balance sheet and income statement
- Maintaining assigned balance sheet and make sure that all accounts / amounts are underpinned and maintained
- Liaising with commercial teams to understand positions and developments in accounts receivable, revenues to be invoiced, and other departments to ensure strict reconciliations for payroll, insurance and other employee related accruals that are directly linked to our primary processes
- Understanding the relevant IFRSs and can maintain the financial positions accordingly
- Understanding relevant developments that cause financial impact and you propose solutions to capture this impact to have your numbers right;
- Influencing the income statement in all line items, partnering with other departments to get to the solution needed.
- Maintaining monthly files to have full control over the amounts that flow through the financials
- Working with colleagues in different locations globally to share best practices, and guide colleagues to the current outcome.
- The monitoring of internal controls around the main financial processes applicable:
- Monitoring internal controls on financial reporting embedded in our financial system
- Proactively thinking about how the internal controls can be more efficient and effective.
- Monitoring internal controls around the OTC, P2P and payroll processes, including the banking activities.
Next to these topics the Senior Financial Controller is (co-) accountable for:
- Drafting position papers and other supporting evidence for specific accounting and reporting topics (accounting issues, mergers & acquisitions, company liquidations, etc) in line with IFRS.
- Executing of the monthly group reporting (to majority shareholder) and management reporting, driving timely insights in result developments during the closing process by close contact with other controllers.
- Tax accounting, filings and transfer pricing calculations.
- Preparing year-end audit materials including the formal statutory accounts and supporting external auditors during the audit, working with the Group Controller and Finance Director
- Preparing management reporting to internal stakeholders, working specifically close with the Corporate Controller, Group Controller, Finance Director and Executive Committee.
As the Senior Financial Controller you will work on a broad range of activities and the competencies needed to be successful in this role are:
- Be able to make rational decisions and remain calm under time pressure
- Knows when to escalate challenges and to whom
- Concise, detail oriented, results driven
- Takes ownership and accountability
- Harness the opportunity for change for the better
Essential skills and experience
- Bachelor or Academic degree in relevant subject (Accounting or Business Economics) preferably RA, RC or equivalent
- Between 5-10 years of relevant experience in a comparable role
- Fluent in English and Dutch both verbally and in writing;
- Excellent Excel skills
- Is able to financially manage one or more legal entities and think in cost centre structures
- Familiar with Tax accounting
- Know the IFRS
- An affinity with automation and business process improvements
- Is capable to work in a virtual team and work with all modern communication methods
- Has good communication and analytical skills
Desirable skills and experience
- Ideally big four experience followed by (sophisticated) international corporation
- Experience with Workday Financials or other ERP systems
Should you be interested in this position, please send your application via the apply button. For more information please contact the below mentioned vacancy contact stating the Job Reference Number mentioned above.