|Job reference nr.:||IC-132999|
|Job category:||Offshore Marine, Renewables, Seismic, Survey|
|Type of work:||Permanent|
|Job location:||United States|
Looking for a permanent job as Senior Geophysicist near Norwood, NJ United States?
Atlas Professionals in Houston, United States is always looking for new geophysicist professionals. At the moment we have a vacancy for the position of Senior Geophysicist.
- Conduct field operations for geophysical survey projects and perform data processing tasks both on board survey vessels and in the office.
- Provide geophysical technical expertise to field scientists throughout the course of projects.
- Collect, process and interpret data in one or more of the following market areas: Offshore Wind and/or O&G infrastructure projects, submarine cable/pipeline routing, civil engineering and/or environmental assessment projects.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of project work plans.
- Set-up and operate geophysical survey equipment and survey vessel.
- Perform GIS data analysis.
- Process and interpret final data sets and QA/QC results.
- Write project reports.
- Follow safety rules and practices.
- Perform routine inspection, maintenance and minor repair of equipment especially when it comes to fine tuning systems for best results.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geophysics or closely related field required (Masters preferred).
- At least 5 years of applied geophysical experience.
- Experience using geophysical data acquisition systems and software including side scan sonars, subbottom profilers (chirp, sparker, air gun) and magnetometers/gradiometers. Knowledge of operation and deployment of high-resolution multi-channel systems a significant plus. Software packages which could be used include Oasis Montaj, SonarWiz, SonarPro, Discover, Geosuite, Radex Pro, Kingdom Suites, Global Mapper, QINSy etc.
- Experience in navigation and positioning software and survey line planning a plus.
- Proven track record of leadership, initiative and self-motivation, the ability to effectively follow best practices with regards to HSE, and attention to detail are all important skills to bring to the position.
- Knowledge AutoCAD or GIS.
- Knowledge of GPS and motion reference positioning systems, calibration techniques and data processing.
- Knowledge of mobilizing third party vessels from the bottom-up a plus.
- Good writing skills, including a track record preparing technical documentation and final project reports.
- Ability to safely operate a small boat or water craft.
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to remain tactful and professional when managing groups with various opinions and task timelines.
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented.
- Excellent observational and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- 50%+ travel to projects both within the US and overseas will be required.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Valid state driver’s license.
- Prolonged periods of standing on a vessel and sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Working in outdoor weather conditions on a vessel.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times.
Should you be interested in this position, please send your application via the apply button. For more information please contact the below mentioned vacancy contact stating the Job Reference Number mentioned above.