Senior SCADA Engineer
|Job reference nr.:||VB-122516|
|Type of work:||Temporary|
|Start date:||August 9, 2021|
|Job duration:||11 months|
|Job location:||United States|
Atlas Professionals is specialised in Renewables. At the moment we have an opening for the temporary position of Senior SCADA Engineer to work in United States. Interested in this temporary position? Let us know.
Help Job Description
· Support the System Integration Manager, Electrical Design Manager, the On Shore and Offshore Substation Package Managers in defining and implementing technically robust and cost-effective solution for SCADA, IT and Communications for the onshore and offshore substations as well as for the WTG and SCADA packages in compliance with the company procedures, ISO NE and Eversource requirements. These activities include supporting package managers in, creating tender documents, tendering, negotiating and managing $ multi-million offshore and onshore substation, WTG and SCADA contracts as well as in developing those contracts by providing oversight to Contractors’ detail design and implementing arising Design Changes as required.
· Developing a cross-project voice communication strategy, including the interaction with different packages and stakeholders in the project.
· Coordinating and manage the activities leading up to the completion of the detail design including, but not limited to, specification modification, data sheet compilation, supplier documentation analysis, test report validation etc.
· Implement a robust methodology for identifying and managing interfaces on the project between packages, suppliers, sub-suppliers to reduce the risk of scope gaps and misalignments within the project.
· Lead the implementation of company and industry standards, lessons learnt procedures, best practices and quality requirements for large scale offshore windfarm multi-contract work packages to ensure that packages are delivered according to specification, budget and program without compromising safety.
US Citizen or Perm Resident only
- Educated to degree level in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Working towards Chartered status.
- Substantial experience designing and working in the offshore industry, preferably offshore wind.
- Experience of leading teams involved in multidisciplinary work packages in international environments.
- Pro-active and diligent approach.
- Substantial experience in dealing with health and safety and environmental legislation associated with construction, marine and offshore projects.
- High degree of competency in future planning.
- Proven experience in delivery of large packages, including contract management, programme management, cost and risk control.
- Sound relationship management skills and confidence working with Senior Management.
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to influence and develop key engineering decisions.
Should you be interested in this position, please send your application via the apply button. For more information please contact the below mentioned vacancy contact stating the Job Reference Number mentioned above.