System Project Engineer
|Job reference nr.:||LS-125626|
|Job category:||Drilling & Well Services, Engineering & Project Controls|
|Type of work:||Temporary|
|Start date:||December 1, 2021|
|Job duration:||> 1 year|
|Schedule:||Monday to Friday|
Looking for a job as Project Engineer in Norway? We are currently looking for a System Project Engineer for our client in Stavanger.
The System / Project Engineer is a key member of the project`s team and will act as the focal point for system engineering. In addition to system engineering tasks, the System / Project Engineer will support the Facilities team through development of key documents, interface and specific contractor technical follow-up. The candidate needs to be able to lead contractors both during the current FEED study, as well as detail design, construction, installation, testing and commissioning work. The candidate also needs to have competence in handling internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the selected Strategic Partnership Alliance (SPA) contractors to find robust and good solutions for the project.
- Ensure sound and compliant system engineering across the different work packages
- Manage multi-disciplinary project teams of company and contractor personnel ensuring outputs and outcomes are delivered to meet the agreed business case, in cooperation with the facilities team.
- Take lead on specific work scopes within Facilities team, as required
- Consolidate and document the fundamental components of projects (scope, schedule, resource requirements, budgets, risks, opportunities and issues, and quality requirements) as part of project planning.
- Managing stakeholders, taking account of their levels of influence and particular interests.
- Identifies and manages project risks (threats and opportunities), planning and implementing responses to them and responding to other issues that affect projects.
- Manage technical requirements for work across functional areas (subsea to topside) and follow-up on deliverables and documentation.
- Responsible for ensuring highly effective communication and reporting processes are in place and that all key contributors/parties involved in the project.
- Giving advice to non-operated assets in ways of specialist subsea and general engineering and PM
- Manage interfaces across the different work scopes
- Able to draw on broad knowledge of Norwegian field developments and regulatory requirements
- Competent in project management in the oil and gas industry, preferably with an operator
- Commercial awareness of supply chain management and have a clear understanding of project financing/cost control principles
- Good communicator and influencer, able to present complex issues in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to identify and act on technical issues with own initiative
- Able to mobilise internal and external resources to address key decisions and issues
- Degree qualified in engineering/technology discipline
- 10+ years broad experience from petroleum industry
- Experience with system / process engineering
- Knowledge of upstream field development concepts formed by several years in the industry and worked within Operators type organisation.
- Knowledge of Subsea developments.
- In depth knowledge of industry standards and authority requirements within the discipline
- Ability to manage interfaces both internally and externally with contractors
Provide details of any regulatory requirements the role-holder must satisfy
Offshore safety certificate
Should you be interested in this position, please send your application via the apply button.