Tanker Operations Executive
|Job reference nr.:||EL-125066|
|Job category:||Merchant Shipping|
|Type of work:||Permanent|
|Start date:||November 1, 2021|
Looking for a permanent job as Operator in Singapore? Atlas Professionals in Singapore, Singapore is always looking for new Merchant Shipping professionals. At the moment we have a vacancy for the position of Tanker Operations Executive.
- Responsible for the optimal operations of all vessels (Owned / Chartered in) of the Group.
- Monitor vessels’ movements/ETAs and update/send forecast of vessel daily plus forecast of freight payments.
- To prepare/disseminate voyage orders and monitor the progress of vessel/voyages.
- To optimize cargo loadable, check stowage for single or multi grades cargoes and any restrictions for load and discharge ports.
- Agency fee negotiation / appointment / scrutinize & timely arrange remittance for port disbursement advance & final port disbursements.
- Liaise with agents and terminals to ensure vessels meet the port requirement and restrictions and optimize vessels’ quick turnaround in port.
- Ensure timely arrangement of freight payment preparation and issuance of corresponding invoice.
- Check and ensure all Bill of Lading / LOIs are correctly drafted and issued.
- Monitor the status of L/Cs and ensure Receivers’ LOI are duly secured prior to issuance of LOIs to vessel owners for release of cargo without Original BL.
- Assist traders to collate / update port info and data to facilitate planning of cargo schedule/shipments.
- Able to perform post fixture calculations for the shipments.
- Familiar with Shipnet / IMOS or other electronic voyage management system.
- To monitor vessel bunker requirement / negotiate and stem bunker as required.
- Monitor performance of all vessels, including TC vessel and performance claims.
- Build good working rapport and network with all destination port authority etc.
- Any ad-hoc duties as and when assigned.
- Degree and/ or Diploma in Shipping / Logistics Studies, Commerce or its equivalent
- At least 1 to 3 years’ related experience in the shipping industry. (Palm Oil / Tankers experiences preferred)
- Possess good working knowledge in shipping operations
- Possess problem solving skills
- Possess good business and numerical acumen with leadership & communication skills.
- Results-oriented and performance driven
- Independent and able to work in a team
- Possess good communication skills and able to interact with all levels
- Able to multi-task and work in a fast pace environment
- Is confident, firm and assertive
- Is resourceful, organized and has good administrative & interpersonal skills
- Possesses good working knowledge of MS Office applications, especially MS Word and Excel
- Must be able to influence people, make judgments, supervise, perform under stress
- Has Strong Project Management skills
- Must be proficient in reading, verbal and written English
- Fluent in English and Mandarin to liaise with Mandarin-speaking counterparties
Should you be interested in this position, please send your application via the apply button. For more information please contact the below mentioned vacancy contact stating the Job Reference Number mentioned above.