|Job reference nr.:||RA-099568|
|Job category:||Engineering & Project Controls|
|Type of work:||Permanent|
|Start date:||November 20, 2019|
|Job location:||United Kingdom|
Atlas Professionals is looking for professionals to work as Welding Engineer with one of the clients of the office in Bristol, United Kingdom. It’s a permanent position in United Kingdom. Do you have the necessary experience?
London (Kingston upon Thames)
We are currently looking for an experience Welding Engineer or Co-ordinator to join the existing team for projects generally based in the North Sea.
- Ideally candidates will be qualified as E/IWE.
- Candidates must be flexible to travel to work on sites, onshore (yards) and offshore (pipelay vessels) when required.
- Candidate will be required to provide technical expertise on all welding matters as required by company or on specific projects. The candidate must be familiar with welding processes: GMAW, GTAW, SAW, FCAW…
- Prepare project welding procedures, qualification plans and advise on materials issues, Issue technical queries, deviation request or Bid Technical Qualifications
- Prepare budget for engineering welding activities
- Prepare/Verify type and quantity of welding consumables examined by welding engineer
- Prepare/ Verify the preliminary welding procedure specifications prepared by welding engineer
- Plan the welding activities (WPQR, PTW, Welders Qualification Campaign) and then Coordinate the Welding Procedure qualification
- Maintain constant contact with project team and Client
- Issue mechanical test results for weld repair analysis
- Liaise continuously with welding equipment/material suppliers regarding the latest developments in welding technologies
- Program and implement procedure/welder certification activities
- Prepare technical and Project close out reports.
- Assist the technical activities of welding Research and Development projects
- Review client’s specifications and scopes of work, in compliance with the relevant specifications, codes and standards
- Have knowledge of methods for offshore pipeline installation (Laybarge pipeline deployment methods, Pipelay initiation method s, Tie-in methods, Pipelay contingency operations)
- Review subcontractors welding documents and technical qualifications
- Ensure that records are maintained for all welding activities to demonstrate achievement of client requirements.
- Liaise with Certifying/Verification Authorities and inspection agencies on behalf of project
- Monitor project and documentation progress to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Perform additional duties within own experience and capabilities as advised by the Head of Department or Welding Co-ordinator.
Should you be interested in the position of Welding Engineer, please send your application via the apply button. For more information, please contact Reza Amin, Account Manager in Bristol, United Kingdom stating reference number RA-099568