|Job reference nr.:||CC-112099|
|Job category:||Management & QC|
|Type of work:||Temporary|
|Start date:||January 1, 2021|
|Job duration:||> 1 year|
Are you an experienced Wellsite Engineer looking for a new challenge in Denmark? Apply now with Atlas Professionals in Bristol, United Kingdom for the position of Wellsite Engineer.
- Drives HSE performance in accordance with objectives, demonstrates HSE leadership and promote a safety culture with the team and service providers.
- Ensure accurate and consistent well site reporting in line with company reporting instructions and ad hoc reports whenever requested.
- Further, he/she must report to the Drilling Engineering Manager and the Operations Engineer for briefing prior to going to the rig and if requested de-briefing upon return from the rig.
Drilling, Workover, and Completion Fluids
- Maintain close contact with the Mud Engineer to remain aware at all times of the condition of the fluids in the circulation system, the treatment procedures and of the solids control equipment.
- Ensure that the mud checks are performed in a correct manner.
- Personally perform independent spot checks of mud properties.
- Critically evaluate all operations and equipment related to the fluids in the circulating system and solids control and ensure that programmed instructions are adhered to.
- Assist the Rig Supervisor in maintaining at all times adequate mud chemicals and cement stocks on board and anticipate requirements as early as possible.
- Report usage and discharge of all chemicals used in drilling workover and completion fluids.
- Ensure that only chemicals included in usage/discharge permits are available on the rig and assist the rig medic in checking that Material Safety Data Sheets are available for all chemicals on the rig.
Casing and Cementing
- Measure and calculate the length required of all casing/-tubing and accessories supplied. Make out a running list for these items and ensure that they are run in the correct order.
- Report the final string make-up. Calculations on the tally are to be double checked by the Rig Supervisor.
- Ensure that correct casing running procedures are followed, including deck handling, seal face inspection, make up torque and dope.
- Calculate quantities, pressures, and volumes for every cementing job. Monitor and report on the cementing operations.
- Report usage and discharge of all chemicals used in cementing operation.
- Ensure that only chemicals included in usage/discharge permits are available on the rig, and assist the rig medic in checking that Material Safety Data Sheets are available for all chemicals on the rig.
Directional Drilling Operations
- Work closely with the Directional Drilling Engineer on deviated wells. Calculate, plot, and check hole direction and angle with respect to (a) the target of the well, and (b) the position of the well in relation to previously drilled wells.
- Ensure that the directional drilling operations are per-formed in accordance with the company well interference standard.
- Supervise the gyro surveying and perform a quality check on the job performance and survey data.
Well Testing Operations
- Be responsible for the integrity of all data gathered during testing and for the reporting of the data.
- Ensure that samples are taken under the best possible conditions and be responsible for labelling and dispatching of samples.
Completion and Workover Operations
- Measure tubing and subassemblies. Prepare running lists and report the final string make-up. These tallies must be double-checked by the Rig Supervisor and/or the Well Services Supervisor.
- Prepare a final surface and subsurface completion drawing immediately after installation of the final completion equipment.
- Be responsible for maintaining and obtaining the required standard of completion, washing, cleaning, and stimulation fluids and materials.
- Be responsible for preparation of the final well report.
- Prepare, by his/hers own initiative, well-documented reports (including photographs) of every unusual event or observation related to the field operations.
- Report time breakdowns of various operations, including production testing, completion operations, and logging operations.
- Ensure that manuals and procedures are at hand and updated on the rig.
- Ensure that all documentation and information prepared and/or obtained in the course of work is handled in strict confidence.
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship with colleagues, thus ensuring an efficient and professional outcome in all matters and a good working climate.
Please note that the schedule is expected to be a 2 week offshore, 3 week onshore rotation.
- University Graduate Engineer in relevant technical discipline.
- Atleast 1 year of well site engineering experience, preferably on an offshore rig
- IWCF Level 2 certified
- Valid BOSIET and medical certificate to travel offshore
- Good listening skills and communication skills.
- Quality conscious, service-minded and result driven approach and attitude.
- Ability to influence and able to work independently and in cooperation with many different people from different departments and nationalities.
- Take pride in being prompt and accurate. Flair for structures and details.
- Ability to manage risks in an effective manner.
Should you be interested in this position, please send your application via the apply button.
For more information please contact the below mentioned vacancy contact stating the Job Reference Number mentioned above.