Wind Turbine Generator (WTG) Safety Engineer
|Job reference nr.:||FS-084306|
|Discipline Category:||Offshore Wind|
|Type of work:||Temporary|
|Start date:||March 1, 2019|
|Job duration:||> 1 year|
|Schedule:||5 Days a week|
At the moment we have a vacancy for the temporary position of Wind Turbine Generator (WTG) Safety Engineer. Interested? And do you have the necessary experience?
The WTG Safety Engineer (WTG-SE) will be dedicated to the turbine and foundation package from day one. The nature of this job function is Quality Engineering Technology driven which comprises product safety, quality & engineering, this as well includes the planning, setting up and reviewing of processes relevant for the manufacturing, shipping, load out, installation and completion of the Wind Turbine Generators so that there will be no equipment/ machinery concern.
This is realized by applying a process-oriented system which is achieved through (quality planning and control) inspections, testing, evaluation and quality and engineering safety tools and techniques to identify hazards, defects, or deviations from specifications. The aim is to manufacture and operate trouble-free machinery and equipment also in reducing waste and improving business and process both on client and customer side so that all products are fault-free delivered to the side and provides no hazards to users.
The job holder will review drawings and verifies those against legislation and standards and negotiates with the manufacturer the design risk assessment content and is also in close contact with the Foundations (FOU) team so that both the foundation and turbines are merged safely and that quality and safety concerns will be minimized during offshore works.
Once the WTGs have been completed and shipped to the pre-assembly site, the Safety Engineer will assure that all method statements & risk assessments are to sound engineering practice and safe standards ensuring trouble-free installations and completions works.
From time to time s/he will join the different Foundations and WTGs installation jack-up vessels to validate set criteria. Also regular assignments offshore to client’ offshore accommodation vessel is foreseen to join walk downs and inspections.
In case any concerns occur at any stage, those are immediately shared with the project team and manufacturer and an improvement campaign must be driven so that those are maintained as reasonably low as possible.
KNOWLEDGE & METHODOLOGIES
- Must be able to understand the logics of database systems
- Knowledge and capable of developing an understanding for procedural documentation
- Advanced (mechanical/electrical) knowledge of (engineering) safety methodologies relevant for the works
- Appropriate communications approach towards directors and on site level staff must be understood to reach the right audience
- Must have a good understanding or desire for European and harmonized Health & Safety (legislative) requirements
- ISO 45001 and 9001 knowledge would be beneficial
- Knowledge of AutoCad would be advantageous
ENGINEERING & TECHNOLOGY
- Basic understanding of Wind Turbine Generators and Foundations. If this is not existent, the job holder must come from a strong engineering background being able to understand production systems, AutoCAD software and the use in producing relevant machinery and plant documentation
- Must be able to read and comprehend technical/ technology aspects such as systems, drawings, machinery and work equipment
- Understanding of Offshore EPC , alternatively has worked as a project engineer in an engineering project context
- Understanding of offshore logistics and construction would be beneficial but not essential
- Work and understand Microsoft Office Package (complete) on advanced level
Should you be interested in the position of Wind Turbine Generator (WTG) Safety Engineer, please send your application via the apply button. For more information, please contact Francis Stinchcombe, Personal Coordinator in Bristol, United Kingdom stating reference number FS-084306